Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Resident Evil 6 and TV Project Success

Where have I been for the past week?  Playing Resident Evil 6 and trying my best to love it (that's how long it took!!).  The bad news is, much like a petulant child throwing a tantrum in the candy aisle of the supermarket, sometimes RE6 makes it very, very hard to remember why you ever wanted it in the first place, let alone love it.  The good news is, those moments are coming less and less the more and more I play.  We've finished Chris and Leon's campaigns, and are 3/4 of the way through Jake's.  I REALLY LIKE MERCENARIES.  There.  I said it.  I was somewhat a fan of Mercs in RE5 but it wasn't really something I sought out on my own (unless, of course, I was out for bloodshed), but it is really fun to just pick up the controller and play some rounds in RE6.  I still say there is little in life that's more gratifying than grabbing the weapon of your enemy and turning it back on them.  Take that, riot gear zombie!


I forgot to talk about this (I think, I just took a quick glance at past posts) but we also finally managed to get our TV mounted above our fireplace with the help of some friends.  The end result is very nice (since now there's just one focal point - the fireplace and the TV above the fireplace).  The cord on the TV is too short and dangles in front of the fireplace, but we're aiming to fix that with an extended power cord (eventually).  We even managed to sell the sagging entertainment stand, so now everything is way more open.  We've been discussing making everything laminate (the dining room and living room flow right into each other) to really create open space, though we're not sure how the noise level would be (laminate + vaulted ceiling + dogs = ???).  In other news, I took this photo today and it makes me smile like crazy:

Sometimes it's easy to forget how much progress you make, unless you have something to compare it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment