Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ramblings

I would like to make a cartoon someday.  It is something that I've secretly been rolling around in the back of my head for several years, and would require a lot of pre-work work (I'd need to learn programs and how to write a script, which is totally different from writing a story!).  But I think it's something I can do.  Maybe Definitely not alone, I'll need help.  I'll need voice actors, just to name something that is glaringly obvious.  But it could be fun.

So I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead last night and I liked it more than I thought I would.  Basically a guy named Joe is a terribly sick and overweight man who decides he's going to eat only fruits and vegetables in the form of juicing them for 60 days, three meals a day.  That's pretty hardcore dedication.  My favorite part was when he mentioned how he only did the fast for 60 days but the desire for healthy food has remained with him beyond that.  That's really the important (and hardest) part - you can do anything for a set period of time, but once that time has passed unless you picked up better habits you're just going to lapse back into your old self.  I think what I'm trying to get at here is while it's really hard to change bad habits, you have to just take it a day at a time and remember what you're gaining back (maybe your health, maybe your time).


Daily sketch after the jump --

The goal is to produce art!!  Not great art, but art.  Thank God for that, because I have no idea what I was trying to accomplish here.
The great part will come later, once I've developed the discipline to do this every day. I used to work at a fast food place, and some of the best advice I've ever heard came from the supervisor training me. He gathered all of the trainees around one day and said "I know you want to be fast. But the first step to being fast is learning to do it right. Once you learn how to do it right, the speed will come naturally." And he was 100% right.


No comments:

Post a Comment