Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pie, pretzels and lost dogs

Our guests!

We took our dogs for a walk yesterday and came back to our street only to have another dog run up to us and follow us back to our house.  We decided we'd leash him up (he had no collar) and walk him down the street to see if anyone was looking for a dog.  Which is how we met the second one (on the left).  The lesson I choose to take away from this is if you try to help, you will just end up doing more work.  (They were so cute, though.  They both belonged to one guy who was running up and down the street looking worried.)

So I'm looking back at our weekend and we... actually had a pretty busy one.

We took the giant piece of glass off of the hallway bathroom, for starters.

Surprise!  Yes those walls disgust me, too...

Then we went to a nearby farmer's market, which was totally rad.  I loooove farmer's markets.  Know what I don't love?  Ten thousand strollers.  Everywhere we went there were strollers.  It was stroller city.

But that's forgivable, because they had giant pretzels and cupcakes:






Also on the table: I had no internet yesterday but I did write a post!  It's after the jump...




Written 7/16/12


We were invited to a Rock Band party (yes it's as nerdy as it sounds) and I decided (since my oven is broken) to try my hand at making a Double Layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.  It was incredibly easy to make, and aside from the fiasco where my husband pulled out a piece of plastic and said "what's this?" ("that's uh, a piece of my spatula...") it was pretty good.  I'm not sure how much of a fan I was of the chocolate layer (very thick chocolate pudding); I think it could be improved by using a homemade mousse instead.  I was hugely fond (perhaps too fond) of the peanut butter/cream cheese layer; I could have eaten that with the graham cracker crust and been a happy, happy girl.  Overall a keeper, though I would make some minor adjustments next time (maybe an Oreo crust...mmm...)

Peanut butter and cream cheese; there is no part of of this that I dislike



This damage happened within the first 15 minutes of our arrival


No comments:

Post a Comment